If you have landed on this blog post, perhaps you are curious about the phrase ‘Virtual Assistant’ and what it really means.
Almost every person I talk to has little or no idea what a Virtual Assistant is and what they can do. Once I have shared some of the value of how we can help, most people say, “I need a VA right now!.”
Let’s take a peek at what a virtual assistant is and what they do.
What is a Virtual Assistant?
A Virtual Assistant provides various services and administrative tasks remotely to business owners and ALL types of businesses, entrepreneurs, solopreneurs, and people with very busy lives.
Many businesses today have some form of online digital presence. Managing this presence takes time. These days many businesses don’t have the luxury of this kind of time.
Many businesses skip over this due to not having enough time. This is a problem in this peak time of businesses moving to having online factions of their company.
AND, a lot of businesses don’t even know that they need a Virtual Assistant! They just know that they can’t keep up.
Businesses that add a Virtual Assistant to their team can make a huge difference in the productivity of their company. A VA helps free up valuable time for the executive(s) to be more productive in the actual running of the company. This, in turn, can help the company be more profitable.
A Virtual Assistant also brings a climate of calm into the background atmosphere of the inner workings of a business. You can relax knowing there is someone behind the scenes watching your back.
All businesses need help! In today’s fast-paced world, it is challenging to keep up and stay organized. I am sure if you are reading this, you probably need help too!
It’s hard enough to keep a home life organized these days. Life is just plain busy. Any business can be under a giant backlog!
Here are 19 Reasons Your Business Needs a VA Now!
And How They Can Help!
- Email – manage contacts, send and receive communications, respond to questions or inquiries, mass emailing, newsletters, email label and inbox organization
- Calendar management – scheduling appointments, travel, team meetings, conference calls, or even dinner reservations
- Social Media Management – Media scheduling, Media Engagement, Media Advertising, Managing Facebook Groups, Facebook Pages, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn posting and management
- Content Creation – posting and formatting Blogs, data organization, content development, and repurposing
- Event/Conference Planning and Organizing A to Z – Venue, vendors, food, sound or visual equipment, contracts, guest comfort, decorations, gifts, contacting speakers, timetables and schedules, et al.
- Project Manager – oversee a project or event from start to finish, manage people online, web projects, AND, maybe, overseeing and managing a dinner party
- eCommerce – buying and selling of products or services, making money transfers, and transferring data electronically on the internet, e.g., an online store selling products or services
- Travel Planning – research and book flights, housing and hotels, recreation, coordinating travel for groups or individuals, keeping everyone involved informed, traveling yourself
- Light Video Editing – the process of manipulating and rearranging video shots to create something new for blogs or Social Media posts
- Market Research – collecting information on new products, research on the competition, research on potential clients or customers, links, podcasts, or blogs about certain topics
- Presentation Design and Development – preparing and or typing reports, redesigning existing material, creating or putting together PowerPoint presentations, doing a presentation
- Administration tasks – organizing a class or team meeting, brainstorming an idea, preparing documents for meetings or travel, keeping everyone on the same page, communication with clients or other team members, finding ways to improve the administrative process
- Video calls or phone calls – planning, responding, education, follow up, relaying information, sitting in to transcribe, take notes, participate
- Transcribing – typing the contents of a video or something that has been recorded into a document, repurposing existing written material into new documents
- Proofreading Copy – check grammar, syntax, spelling, punctuation, and consistency of a document
- Editing Copy – improve the structure and content of a document, article, ebook, suggest changes
- Blog writing – write for someone or as someone, assist in formatting, posting, editing, research content for writer, create images to enhance the blog
- Website Maintenance – for those who are interested, you can learn about maintaining a website, changing or updating, posting, etc.
- Bookkeeping – as much as or a little as you like!
Are your “I need a virtual assistant” gears turning yet?
As you can see from this wide-ranging list of tasks of a Virtual Assistant, there are many pathways you can take in hiring someone to help you.
IF you someone to multi-task and to take on many aspects of a project or do you want someone to focus on one thing?
Either way, a Virtual Assistant can make your life and business run smoother!
If you believe that “this might be the answer to my business prayers” and, if you believe that all things happen for a reason, then you are here because the time is right!
Taking these steps forward to change your business life can be scary. But, what is the other option? To remain under a load to heavy to bare? To feel like there is no light at the end of a very long, dark tunnel? To watch your kids grow up without you? No!
In the words of Albert Einstein, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.”
Take the plunge, talk to a Virtual Assistant today!